Tuesday, December 20, 2005

From School

Strange, someone told me that posting from school wouldn't work. Oh well. I just finished my AP US History exam, or rather about two hours ago, and i am a bit bored. Yet today, while I was studying for the exam at school, I finished H.G. Wells' story "War in the Air" at
online-literature.com/wellshg/warintheair. It describes a war which is fought worldwide with huge dirigibles and small planes by every country in the war. It is started by the Germans, who go to America and almost immediately obliterate New York. The story is told in third-person through an Englishman, Bert Smallways, and how he sees this all unfold. Added to the fact that all the major capitals are destroyed, there then comes world economic collapse and depression. Yet the story is still very good.

No comments: